Monday, July 9, 2012

The Favorites List

The Favorites List, which I will limit to ten members, is not a "Ten Greatest" list. It's a list of films which I have difficulty imagining I would not be in the mood to see, at almost any time, if you said "Let's watch X". Some of them might well pop up on a Ten Greatest list as well, but that's not the point here.

Kind Hearts and Coronets (Hamer, 1949)
M. Hulot's Holiday (Tati, 1953)
Topkapi (Dassin, 1964)
The Kid (Chaplin, 1921)
Tremors (Underwood, 1990)
Rashomon (Kurosawa, 1950)
Double Indemnity (Wilder, 1944)
The Wild Bunch (Peckinpah, 1969)
Fargo (Coen Bros, 1996)
Cat People (Tourneur, 1942)

As with my 10 Best list, it could change if you asked me again, although Kind Hearts and Coronets has a permanent seat in first place.

1 comment:

pengo said...

"Ten members." Heh.